For us, Spring Break officially starts TODAY! This year we don’t have plans to go out of town, so we will have to get creative with activities to do with the kids this year. Now that the weather has gotten milder, we’re able to spend more time outdoors. For sure we will be spending much time at many of our local parks and a must for us is bring snacks and drinks. Our go to has always been Juicy Juice juice boxes and my kids love all of the flavor varieties.
Other fun activities we plan to do are to visit the library and some local museums. However for days we want to keep it low key, we plan to do fun DIY activities in the comfort of our own home. Juicy Juice’s website has of activities and recipes that the whole family can try!
I had my kids take a look at the recipes on the Juicy Juice website and they chose the Juicy Juice Frozen Gummies recipe! Try this recipe and make your own delicious frozen gummies that you can feel great about serving to your kids!
■ 1½ cups of Juicy Juice® 100% Juice – any of the flavors work great!
■ 4 tablespoons of plain gelatin
■ Food coloring
■ Silicone gummy molds
- Pour the Juicy Juice® 100% juice into a small pot. Gently add in the gelatin powder and allow it to absorb for a few minutes.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Once the gelatin has absorbed, whisk the mixture gently.
- Turn on your stove to medium heat, getting the mixture warm but never boiling. Wait until the mixture changes from thick to runny and all of the gelatin has dissolved.
- Once ready, pour the mixture carefully into gummy molds and freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and carefully remove the treats from the silicone mold.