I know it’s already the middle of January, but I wanted to share my resolutions for this year or should I say goals. Aside from my You Tube channel Mommytipsbycole, I am also a part of a collaboration Mommy channel called The411Mommas. For one of our videos on the channel, we wanted to share what some of our resolutions are for 2012. So here goes my list for the year, I’d like to call them “goals” mainly because these are things that I try my best to do on a regular basis. However, I sometimes get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle, that I tend to forget my good intentions for the year.
- See the positive in any situation; although I cannot control every situation, I ALWAYS have control of my reaction.
- Have more patience; I will admit that this is something I struggle with from time to time, but I must say I’ve come a long way.
- Save more money & pay down debt; I can only imagine how much tuition costs will be when my eldest starts college in 2026.
- Exercise more/Eat Healthier/Lose weight & keep it off; my never ending battle, pre-pregnancy weight vs. post-pregnancy, i’m determined 2012 is the year this battle ends!
- Spend more quality time with my kids individually; as my kids get older their personalities shine even more, I love getting to know them one-on-one
- Teach my kids more; becoming a mom has taught me so much, I only hope to do the best job I can as their primary teacher in life.
- Make time to reconnect with hubby; once upon a time, there was an “us” before kids, it’s important that we can remember what brought “us” together.
- Keep in touch with friends & family near and far; I want my kids to get to know their great-grandparents more and vice versa, they are getting older and I need to value the time we have together.
- Focus and prioritize; this is pretty much my daily mantra, you can accomplish anything this way.
- Become a BETTER you! What is life without growth? At 31 years of age now, I can say that I’ve grown so much since I was 21 years old. And in 10 years, I want to look back and know that I became a better version of myself at 41 than I was at 31.
So here’s to 2012…a better year…a better YOU!!!
What are some of your resolutions/goals for this year? What are some ways you plan on becoming a better you?