How to Style Coated Leggings
One trend I wanted to try this fall was coated leggings, I finally picked up a pair from Forever 21. Actually, it was a gift from my mother during a random shopping trip to the store with her…thanks MOM!!! Initially, I only thought I could wear it one way..which was dressed up for a date night. After experimenting with different looks for a collaborative You Tube video, I found that my coated leggings were more versatile than I thought. I found that not only can I dress them up for a date night, but I can dress them down for everyday on-the-go cozy looks.
***Coated leggings from Forever 21*** (used in all 3 outfits)
I consider this to be an easy and comfy on-the-go outfit. I love layering with scarves and jackets, and for this particular look I used my favorite leopard scarf at the moment for my focal piece.
- Brown ankle booties with buckles & studs by MIA from Marshall’s
- Black v-neck tee by Mossimo from Target
- Chambray button-down from Marshall’s
- Leopard scarf from NYC
- Brown bomber jacket from Arden B.
- Metallic shoulder hobo from Vegas (forgot what store)
This outfit is also comfy but something I would probably wear for a daytime outting with the fam. While comfortable, it’s also extra trendy because of all of the black & gold-studded pieces I’m wearing.
- Black & gold studded loafers from Forever 21
- Taupe tanktop from Forever 21
- Shredded beige sweater from Marshall’s
- Black & gold-studded skinny belt from Forever 21
- Striped infinity scarf from Forever 21
- Military inspired jacket from H&M
- Knitted beanie hat from Forever 21
- Black & gold-studded crossbody belt from Forever 21
This last outfit is my favorite of the 3, simply because this is how I initially intended on wearing the coated leggings. For a sleek & sexy look for a date night with hubby or a night out with the girls. I mainly love how wearing the leggings with heels instantly elongates my legs, since I’m only 4’11 inches tall.
- Taupe wedges by Mossimo from Target
- Black & white Peplum top with attached red skinny belt
- Skull scarf from NYC
- Black Leather jacket from Arden B.
- Metallic striped envelope clutch by Mossimo from Target
Make sure to watch the video I did showing these 3 outfits too!!!
Have you tried this trend yet? What do you plan to pair with your coated leggings?
Leave a Reply